12.01.2009

Thanksgiving at Lauren's School

(This post is a little late and slightly out of order... just trying to catch up after the holiday week!)

Lauren invited us on November 19th for a school Thanksgiving Feast. Daddy and Dylan were unable to join this time around, but we had a nice mommy-daughter time eating lunch together.

I am so thankful for many things - one of them being my sweet baby girl. Well, not so baby anymore, but still...
She is so loving, smart, witty, and creative.
Her latest thing - She likes to ask me if I want a piece of candy or something similar...knowing that I am going to say Yes to be polite and then not eat it; leaving her no choice but to enjoy it for herself.
Sample conversation:

L: "mommy, you wanna sucker"
M: "no thanks"

L: "are you sure...it's really yummy" {grin}
M: "okay, I'll try it".

L: "here you go....or do you want me to hold it for you" {with this sweet motherly tone in her voice as she nods her head up and down.}
M: "okay, sure you can hold onto it until I'm ready"

Next thing I know...I forget about it...and she's eating it with a sweet smile on her pretty little face- very creative missy!









0 comments: