9.11.2008

daddy and his sweet peas

if this isn’t daddy wrapped around his little girls finger…I don’t know what is.

little background first - since i’ve been on maternity leave, daddy has been dropping off and picking up his sweet peas at school every day. for those of you wondering why Lauren isn’t staying at home with mommy and Dylan – you obviously don’t have any idea how hard it is to have a 2 year old and a newborn. anyhow…moving on….
at night, he is helping her with bath time, putting jammies on and reading bedtime stories. so, they’ve pretty much….um, forgotten about me. no, really…they are super close and she loves, loves, loves her daddy.
well, yesterday evening they walked in the door and lauren started asking for bananas. strange request, b/c she usually asks for popsicles or chips. you know…regular after school snacks. but this time, she kept insisting on bananas. ‘I want banas’, ‘I want banas’ (her speech is great, but occasionally she shortens her words) ‘I want banas’.
unfortunately, we didn’t have any….so daddy decided to take his little sweet peas all the way to the grocery store for some bananas.
(i guess I taught him well- when I was pregnant and wanted some ice cream…off to the store he went. hehehe)
no really…he’s such a great daddy!! she was so excited to go to store for ‘banas’- grinning from ear to ear!

0 comments: