6.11.2008

What should I do??!!

Okay, I have a major dilemma.
First, I'll start off by saying - I had my bi-weekly Dr. Appt. on Monday. Everything went well, baby boy is quite active and growing quite a bit. I am measuring 1 week ahead of schedule...and I'm gaining weight! At least my Dr is happy about the weight gain......me, not so much! Don't get me wrong, I want the baby to grow and gain weight, but do I have to also gain?! GEEZ!
You're probably waiting for me to get to the point. Well, my Dr. just informed me that she is going on vacation from JULY 27th - AUGUST 2ND....WHAT???!!! I am due on August 6th and am measuring 1 week ahead...which puts me at THE WEEK OF JULY 30TH.
She wants to know if I want to schedule an induction before she leaves or schedule it for Aug. 4,5, or 6th. I feel really weird scheduling the Birth of our Baby before the due date! She is actually a little hesitant to schedule it that far in advance also. (it's around 12 days early).
I know it happens all the time, every day, all over the world....but I still feel weird making that decision on my own. At least with Lauren we scheduled her induction the day after I completed 40 weeks.
What should I do???!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

How can this be? We will be on vacation the first week in Aug!! Didn't we go through this exact 2 years ago??? UGH! My vote is early b/c I want to be here to visit you, but I understand why you wanna wait! Both my babe's were scheduled a min of 10 days early...

LOVE YOU!
Steph

Kristin said...

Steph's babies were also linebackers when they came out - ha! We'll be in Iowa the 25-27th of July b/c of Gma's 90th birthday. Wouldn't it be nice to have at least one member of your family without a July birthday?!? Just kidding - Lots of love and prayers headed your way as you make your decision of what to do. It's a hard call -