6.06.2008

The Big Transition

Lauren has been in Toddlers III since January of this year (from 17 to 22 months). Now it's time to "graduate" into the Big Two's. I have to brag a little, her teachers recommended that she skip a class (Two's I), straight into Two's II. She is talking so much, sings her A,B,C's, counts 1-15 in English, 1-10 in Spanish, loves helping her teachers quite a bit, and just really knows what's going on. Only 2 kids were recommended; Lauren and Lola! I must say that I am extremely proud of her. She will turn 2 July 31st.

She has been transitioning all week and today is her first Full Day in the new class. Daddy took her this morning and had the fun job of dropping her off in the new classroom. If you're a mom, then you know that when I say "fun", i really mean, "not so fun" job. Lauren cried quite a bit and daddy had to leave watching her sob out loud, reaching out for him!! SO HEART WRENCHING! After all, she just realized that she is no longer in her old class with her old teachers and old friends. Although she has enjoyed this week going back and forth from the old class to the new class, things are much more familiar and comfortable in her old class! But I know that she will adapt quickly, just as she did during the last transition.

Added Bonus to the new class- They will start to enforce Potty Training and she will be in Pull-Ups all day long. I had to take in lots of extra shorts for her little accidents, but it's so worth it - her teachers say it should take just a few weeks! "What? A few weeks, UHM okay, good luck?! :)"
I was a little shocked when they said "weeks", but I'll take it!!! With Jr. on the way, I need all the help I can get with AS FEW DIAPERS AS POSSIBLE! :) I'll keep ya posted...

She still loves saying "Pee-Pee Potty"....soooo cute! And of course, the new one...."Poo-Poo Diapey".

2 comments:

Brody said...

Congrats- did she get a big "graduation" party at home?

Kristin said...

Sweet little girl . . . I hate the crying dropoff :( Exciting news about your little Einstein - she'll have the potty thing down pat before you know it. Especially if everyone else is doing it in that class! Go Lauren!!