9.20.2007

Surviving First Week of School

Last week was my turn to take little Miss Lauren to her new school. Usually daddy takes her and is the bad guy for leaving her. But this time it was my job. As she wrote before, we were going to try the original class again, since she seemed to like it so much on the 4th. Besides the other teacher didn't write a long summary of how great she behaved. Miss Halaih is her new teacher and is really super sweet and has a great love for kids. (You can just tell from looking at her that she connects really well with them).
Well, my baby girl started out the morning kinda rough, a little runny nose (allergies are out of control this year), woke up a little earlier than normal and didn't seem to feel very well. I think she was already using the "mom, I don't wanna go to school b/c I don't feel well tactic". Hmmm...but I didn't let it get to me this time!
I dropped her off around 8:45 and she cried as I was leaving. Just broke my heart!! It was SO HARD to see her sweet little face turning red and tears starting to fill up her eyes. I had to give her my goodbye kisses in a hurry and leave right away. (the teachers say that is the best thing to do). I stuck around outside the class for a minute, then peeked in...all was good...she stopped crying. Yayy!
This week has been a major improvement, not as many tears and seems to be excited when we talk about school. She survived her first week....and so did we!

0 comments: