9.19.2007

My First Day of School!


Hi everyone, not sure who reads my mommy's blog, because she never updates it, but I wanted to share with you my experience - First day of school. She lets me write in her blog every now and then....(smile)
I started last week before my parents went on their realllly looong vacation. I had a trial day on Tuesday, 9/4. I had a great day, meeting new friends, new teachers, new everything!! I was in school from 9am - 5pm...it was quite a long day. Afterall, I'm used to spending the days with my Grandma'ma, taking 2 full naps, and having all the attention to MYSELF! This school only allows me to take 1 nap...uh...hello...I'm only like 13 months and I need my beauty rest still. Pshh..( my mommy taught me that)
Well, I survived the day. My report card said - I ate some, I slept from 11:45 to 1:30 and woke up with smiles. The comments from my Teacher were really nice. I'll read them to you, "Lauren had a good day today. She enjoyed circle time with books and especially puppets and singing songs. She also tried painting with paintbrush for art (she wasn't too sure about it). We love her beautiful smiles and we love to have her in our classroom".
I'm not bragging, but I sure did behave that day. All my teachers love me!



Now yesterday 9/17, I returned to my school. Totally different situation. I did not want to stay with them at all. I have been really attached to my mommy and daddy since they came home from their vacation. So much, that I didn't want to let go of Mommy at Madelaine's Birthday party on Saturday and wouldn't let go of Daddy yesterday at school. He waited with me for about an hour before I finally let go and began to read with Miss Sarah. She's my new teacher. They're letting me try this class, b/c the kids are a little older and my daddy thought I fit in more with them. What can I say...I'm a smart kid! :)
My report card from Miss Sarah said, "Lauren had a great day, she liked music and art class today". She didn't write very much about me...PSSH...What-Ever......so I'm gonna try the other class again on Wednesday. I'll let you know how things go.
By the way...mommy will be taking me to school tomorrow, because my daddy left out of town to start his new job. I hope to do better tomorrow so that mommy will have a peaceful day at work without worrying about me. :)
Night-Night,
Lauren

1 comments:

Kristin said...

She looks like such a big girl at school!!